Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Few of My Favorite Holiday Songs

I have been trying my best to get into the holiday spirit. I always used to love the holidays, especially when I was a kid, but for the last few years I've been kind of a grinch. I don't know if it's the stress of school or the pains of growing up or the continued annoyances of extended family, but for some reason I just never really seem to be able to get into the holiday spirit.

A friend of mine has this same exact problem, so we made a pact, we're going to try our best to "cheery" and we're going to try and do fun holiday type things with our friends. First up on the list is decorating our apartments for Christmas (after all of the Thanksgiving madness has subsided). In preparation of the festivities ahead I decided that I better go through my iTunes archive that lives on my external hard drive and find my collection of Christmas Music. I'm not really sure I feel "cheery" after sorting through my holiday music collection, but I did find many old favorites and some new ones that I'm sure I'll have fun grooving to. Here's my top 10 list of favorite holiday songs:

1. My Christmas List by Simple Plan
2. Christmas Eve Sarajevo by The Trans-Siberian Orchestra
3. Carol of the Bells by The Calling (I absolutely LOVE this song but this particular verision is my most FAVORITE version!)
4. Wintersong by Sarah McLachlan
5. Christmas Song by Dave Matthews
6. 2000 Miles by Coldplay
7. O Holy Night by The Fray (this is an awesome version that I got on a sampler CD last year from a local radio station!)
8. River by Sarah McLachlan (I know someone else sings this song too, but I have no idea who it is!)
9. Grown up Christmas List by Amy Grant
10. Merry Christmas Baby by Bruce Springsteen (it wouldn't be a complete music list without something from the Boss!)

In other news, I still have not started my Evidence outline, so much for the study plan I made. I don't know why I was so silly as to think I would actually get anything done ahead of time. Instead of stressing about outlining all weekend I'm going to do nothing but hang out and eat lots of yummy turkey and pie. There is always the Monday after thanksgiving weekend. Thanksgiving only comes once a year so it seems so silly to waste it on school!!

3 [Useless] Remarks:

sognatrice said...

FWIW, I was never in the holiday spirit during my three years of law school either. It's hard to be chipper and cheery when one is just bitter and annoyed most of the time. Although perhaps that was just me ;)

I came here through BipolarLawyerCook btw. Best of luck on exams!

law school groupie said...

Joni Mitchell is the original "River" singer and songwriter, fyi. I love that song.

Love your blog :) I'm going to add a link.

Useless Dicta said...

Welcome to both of you!! Thanks for the song tip Law School Groupie :)

And it's good to know that not being in the holiday sprit is not necessarily something that is abnormal while in law school *sigh*